3 Thanksgiving Pie Recipes!! In this video we make my Favorite Pumpkin Pie, a Cherry Berry Lattice Pie, and a Free Form Apple Tart. Each is so good, so easy, and perfect for Thanksgiving, or any time of year.
|For the graham cracker crust:|
|Graham cracker crumbs||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||6 Tablespoon , melted|
|For the pumpkin pie filling:|
|Pumpkin puree||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1/4 Teaspoon|
|For cherry berry lattice pie:|
|Frozen cherries||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Blueberries||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Frozen raspberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten ((optional))|
|Pie crusts||9 Pinch ((two))|
|For free form apple tart:|
|Golden delicious apples||2 Pound|
|Brown sugar||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Fresh nutmeg||1/4 Teaspoon , grated|
|Pie crust||1 ((homemade or storebought))|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon , cut into small pieces|
|Egg||1 Small , beaten ((optional))|
To make the crust:
1. To make the crust, stir to combine the graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Add the butter and mix until the crumbs are moistened and it looks like wet sand.
2. Press the graham crackers into a 9 or 10” pie plate using your fingers or a measuring cup, pushing the crumbs up the side of the plate. Bake for 10 minutes until golden and dry to the touch, then let cool while you make the filling.
For Pumpkin Pie Filling:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. To make the filling, whisk to combine all the filling ingredients until smooth.
3. Pour the filling into the graham cracker crust*, and bake for 45-50 minutes, until the pie is set. If you move the pie, it should jiggle but not have a liquidy center. Let the pie cool for at least 2 hours, and I think it’s even better refrigerated. Serve and enjoy!
*Depending on how deep or shallow your pie plate is, you may not use all of the filling. Do not fill higher than the sides of the crust.
For Cherry Berry Lattice Pie:
1. In a bowl combine the cherries, blueberries, raspberries, cornstarch, granulated sugar, and lemon juice, until fully mixed and the cornstarch has moistened.
2. Fit a 9” pie plate with a pie crust on the bottom, then pour in the fruit filling. Top the pie with a lattice crust (see video for visual instructions) and cut off any excess pie strips overhanging the edge. Refrigerate the pie for 30 minutes to re-chill the dough.
3. Preheat oven to 400F. Brush the crust with beaten egg, if desired.
4. Bake the pie for about 1 hour until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
5. Serve and enjoy!
For Free Form Apple Tart Recipe (Apple Galette):
1. Preheat the oven to 400F.
2. Peel the apples, core them, and cut into thin slices about ¼” thick. Place in a bowl and toss with the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cornstarch.
3. Roll the pie crust into an 11” diameter circle, then arrange the apple slices on the crust, leaving an inch and a half border at the edge.
4. Fold the crust edge over the apples, then refrigerate for 30 minutes to re-chill the dough. Brush the crust with the egg wash, if desired.
5. Bake the tart on a sheet pan for 30-35 minutes until the crust is golden and the apples are tender.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 7060Calories from Fat 2493
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 281 g432.3%
Saturated Fat 150 g750%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2564 mg106.83%
Total Carbohydrates 1121 g373.7%
Dietary Fiber 81 g324%
Sugars 756 g
Protein 62 g124%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet