A chicken pie is everyone's favorite however it contains 23 grams of saturated fat and about half of the daily recommended intake of sodium. But you can still enjoy the chicken pie by making a healthier version shown in this video.
|Short crust pastry sheets||2|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken breast||600 Gram , cut into strips|
|Leek||1 , sliced|
|Baby fennel||1 , sliced|
|Sliced mushroom||300 Gram|
|Low sodium chicken stock||1/2 Quart|
|Light cream cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped dill||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Skimmed milk||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees f.
2. In a pan, heat a tablespoon of olive oil and cook chicken. Flip and cook on the other side as well. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. In the same pan, add another tablespoon of oil and add leeks, baby fennel, sliced mushrooms and saute breifly. Pour in the chicken stock and allow to simmer.
4. Add light cream cheese and stir it in until it melts in the sauce. Add chopped dill and black pepper, stir well.
5. In a pie dish, place the cooked chicken and pour the mushroom and leek mixture over it. Cover with the short crust pastry and trim the edges. Brush the pastry with some skimmed milk for added glaze.
6. Bake in the pre heated oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
7. Slice and serve hot.