Betty demonstrates how to make Coconut Strawberry Pie. This is a cool and refreshing pie, especially for summer.
|9||inch baked coconut pie crust|
|Hulled strawberries||4 Cup (64 tbs) (fresh)|
|Sugar||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin envelope||1|
|Water||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Cool whip||4 Ounce (or use use Sweetened Whipped Cream)|
|Fresh strawberries||6 , sliced|
|Fresh mint leaves||12|
1. In a large bowl, mix sliced strawberries with sugar. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine water and gelatin. Mix well and place pan over low heat, stirring until the gelatin dissolves. Remove from heat and let the mixture cool to room temperature. Pop in refrigerator.
3. Into the gelatin mixture, add lemon juice and mix well.
4. Pour the gelatin mixture into the bowl with sugared strawberry and mix well. Gently fold in cool whip. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until the mixture begins to hold its shape, about 2 hours.
5. Into the coconut pie crust, pour the mixture and chill for at least 8 hours or overnight, until the pie can be cut into wedges. If preferred, freeze the pie and bring it out of the freezer about hour before serving.
6. Cut into wedges and serve garnished with strawberry slices and mint leaves.