|Light brown sugar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (Firmly Packed)|
|Orange juice||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pear halves||29 Ounce , quartered (Drained)|
|Slivered almonds||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (Toasted)|
|Vanilla ice cream||1|
1. In a large skillet melt butter, add brown sugar and orange juice and cook over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
2. Add pears and almonds and cook until thoroughly heated.
3. In a small, long-handled saucepan place brandy and heat without letting it to boil just until warm.
4. Ignite brandy, pour over pears and stir until flames die down.
5. Serve immediately over ice cream.