It is the ideal recipe for a warm and hearty soup, which you were searching for to serve tonight. This soup is a perfect appetizer for any homemade dinner menu. Being loaded with minerals and fibers, the black eyed peas are also a great source of vegetable protein.
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Nitrate free bacon slices||3 , chopped (You May Use 40% Less Fat)|
|Onion||1 , finely diced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm) , minced|
|Celery stalk||2 , finely diced|
|Canned black||eyed peas|
|Low sodium chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Collard||4 Cup (64 tbs) , sliced into ribbons|
|Rosemary||1 Teaspoon , chopped|
|Apple cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a pan, heat olive oil over a medium low flame.
2. Add bacon and cook it for five minutes or until it browns.
3. Add onions and a pinch of salt. Sauté it for around three minutes or until the onions begin to releases some of its liquid.
4. Add celery and garlic. Cook it for 5 minutes or till all veggies become fragrant and tender.
5. Add beans, broth and rosemary.
6. Increase the flame and bring it to a boil. Then reduce the flame and let it simmer.
7. Add greens and cook for another 10 or 15 minutes or until the greens are tender as per your liking.
8. Add vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
9. Serve Black Eyed Peas Soup hot.