|Frozen filo dough||8 , thawed|
|Bututer/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs) , melted|
|No||sugar black cherry fruit spread|
|Cherry liqueur||1 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. In a bowl, beat together egg and water.
3. Lightly brush each filo sheet with butter and stack in layers.
4. Cut the filo sheet layers to make six squares of about 5−inch each.
5. In a bowl, combine fruit spread and cherry liqueur, if using.
6. Place 1-tablespoon fruit spread mixture in center of each filo square, and brush the edges with butter.
7. Fold the filo edges over to form triangle and gently press edges together to seal.
8. On an ungreased cookie sheet, arrange the turnovers, and brush each with egg wash.
9. Bake in the oven 10 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Remove form the oven and cool on wire rack.
11. Serve Cherry Turnovers warm or at room temperature.