|Plain flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn starch||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (as needed)|
1. In a small bowl take a mix of water and oil and keep aside, which can be used later for greasing the pan before preparing the pastry sheets.
2. In a mixing bowl take flour, corn starch and salt and mix them together.
3. To this dry mixture, add water as needed slowly and gradually mixing to get a lump free smooth batter.
4. Take a non stick pan, grease it with the mix of oil and water using a kitchen towel. Place the pan on a low heat.
5. Using the brush spread the batter into a very thin layer onto the non-stick pan and let it cook for a few minutes. When it is done, using a spatula the pastry sheet can be peeled off easily from the pan. Wipe the pan clean with the kitchen cloth before spreading the batter every single time.
6. Using a pizza cutter cut off the uneven edges of the prepared wrapper or pastry sheet. The prepared wrappers can be cut into square shapes as desired.
7. The prepared wrappers can be rolled (with a filling of your choice), sealed and deep fried in oil to prepare spring rolls or samosas and served warm.
The prepared pastry sheets need to be covered with a damp cloth to make sure that they do not get dry.
Spray some oil between the pastry sheets before stacking them to store in the freezer. This would make it easier to separate the sheets after defrosting before use.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 389Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.5%
Saturated Fat %
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 487 mg20.29%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g29%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Protein 5 g10%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet