Need a recipe for leftover turkey from your Thanksgiving Day meal? Try this turkey and kale pasta that the family will love and the turkey can always be substituted for chicken when you don't have turkey around.
|Penne pasta||1 Pound|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1/2 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm) , mince|
|Red pepper flakes||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Turkey||1 Cup (16 tbs) , chop|
|Kale||2 Cup (32 tbs) , chop|
|Kalamata olive||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , pitted, chopped|
|Goat cheese||2 Ounce|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Ounce|
|Reserved pasta water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Place a large pot of water on flame and bring it to a boil. Follow package direction and cook pasta in it.
2. Meanwhile, place a large skillet over medium high flame and pour olive oil in it.
3. Drop onion, garlic and red pepper flakes into the skillet. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add turkey and mix it well. Turn the heat to low until pasta is about ready.
5. Drop kale directly into the pasta water just two minutes before pasta is al dente.
6. Drain pasta and kale well, reserving some pasta water for later use.
7. Throw pasta and kale into the skillet with turkey.
8. Turn the flame back to medium. Add olives, goat cheese and Parmesan cheese. Give it a good stir.
9. Add reserved pasta water, a little at a time and mix until the pasta is nice and creamy.
10. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top and serve pasta hot.