|Broccoli||2 (cut into large pieces)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Garlic powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Regular salt||1 Pinch|
|Green bell pepper||1 Pinch|
|Tarragon||1 Teaspoon (Fresh)|
|Oregano||1/2 Teaspoon (Fresh)|
|Thyme||1/2 Teaspoon (Half a sprig, Fresh)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (Reduced to about 2|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Pasta water||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Canadian bacon||1 Ounce (1 slice, for topping)|
|Parmesan cheese||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (for topping)|
|Almond||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (for topping)|
|Egg||1 (for topping)|
|Penne pasta||1/2 Box|
1. Toss broccoli with a bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast broccoli at 400F for 20 minutes.
2. While the broccoli is in the oven, grate the carrots.
3. Halfway through the cooking time of the broccoli, add grated carrots (also tossed with a bit of oil, salt, and pepper).
4. While the broccoli and carrots finish cooking, cook and drain pasta, reduce balsamic vinegar (watch carefully so it doesn’t burn), and cook bacon.
1. Whisk together the mustard, reduced balsamic vinegar, herbs, cayenne, garlic powder, salt, pepper. 2. Stream in 2-3 T olive oil as you whisk, then add the pasta water.
3. Right before serving, fry the egg(s) (I cooked mine covered so the top would set quicker).
4. Combine pasta, sauce, and veggies. Top with an egg.
1. In addition to the egg, serve with a halved piece of bacon, the almonds, and the parmesan cheese.