This St. Patricks Day, break away (or add) to your traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage menu and add a little green to brighten it up!
On this episode I am featuring Pea and Walnut Pesto w/ Linguine, topped with crispy bites of pancetta. The bright green hue of the peas give this dish its St. Patricks color with a bright and sweet flavor of the peas, backed with the richness of the walnuts, olive oil and crispy pancetta.
Then for dessert, get yourself a Kiwi Sorbet! Flecked with speckles of black from the seeds, this dessert is fun, healthy and beautiful neon green color.
|Please See Video|
1) First make kiwi sorbet. For this, take the kiwis and scoop out from the inside.
2) Take a blender and put all the kiwis into it. Add 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar (depends on how sweet is the fruit). Blend them well.
3) Put the kiwi puree in the ice cream maker. Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
4) Put the lid and follow the instructions of ice cream maker.
5) Meanwhile make the pea and walnut pesto linguine. For this, take 2 cups of frozen peas.
6) Take 1 cup of walnuts and chop them.
7) Take 4 cloves of garlic and chop them.
8) Take a food processor and add the walnuts. Grind them to make small pieces. Now add the peas, and grind them as well.
9) Add 1 teaspoon of salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Add little bit of lemon juice.
10) Grind them and gently add the olive oil while the processor is on.
11) Add 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese and them grind them.
12)Take 8 ounces of pancetta and cut them into small pieces. Fry them in little olive oil.
13) Cook the pasta as per the package instruction and drain. Mix the pasta with peas mixture.
14) Add little pasta water and mix them.
15) Add pancetta and mix them.
16) Serve pasta with kiwi sorbet.