|Stewing chicken||4 Pound (1 Chicken, 3|
|Garlic powder||1 Dash|
|White wine||1/4 Pint|
|Double cream||4 Tablespoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Ounce|
|Dried breadcrumbs||2 Tablespoon|
1) Make stock by cooking chicken slowly in water with onions, carrots and herbs until tender.
2) Let everyting remain in stock, and keep to cool if possible, overnight.
3) Then remove skin and bones, and cook these in stock until it is well flavoured and reduced to 2-3 cups.
4) Boil spaghetti as usual and finish off in 1/2 oz butter flavoured with a little garlic powder.
5) Place in fireproof dish and keep warm.
6) Slice mushrooms.
7) To make veloute sauce: Melt 2 oz butter, add flour and when blended add 1/2 pint chicken stock, bring to boil and cook for 2 minutes.
8) Add wine and simmer for few minutes.
9) Meanwhile, cut cold chicken into long strips, place in a mound on top of spaghetti, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
10) Cook sliced mushrooms in 1/2 oz butter for 2-3 minutes; then put on top of chicken.
11) Add cream to sauce; check seasoning.
12) Pour sauce over chicken; then sprinkle the top with cheese and crumbs.
13) Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes, until the dish is well heated, and the top brown and crisp.
14) Sprinkle browned almonds over the top and serve at once.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 6111Calories from Fat 3016
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 338 g520%
Saturated Fat 113 g565%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2413 mg100.54%
Total Carbohydrates 296 g98.7%
Dietary Fiber 18 g72%
Sugars 24 g
Protein 451 g902%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet