How to make meatless vegan spaghetti sauce. This recipe is so easy and tastes amazing! Watch to the end to see if I can fool my husband, Big V into thinking he's eating a meat sauce.
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Yves veggie ground round||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chick peas||540 Milliliter|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs) , diced|
|Diced onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced button mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced black olives||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Dried parsley||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic cloves||2 Large , minced|
|Tamari soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Italian plum tomatoes||28 Ounce|
|Tomato sauce||680 Milliliter|
|For sausage spice blend|
|Coarse sea salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Crushed red pepper flakes||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground celery seed/Ground fennel seed||3/4 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1/8 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1/8 Teaspoon|
1. Drain the chick peas and dry well on a paper towel. Roll the chick peas on the paper towel and remove the skins on as many of the chick peas as possible - they come off very easily.
2. Mash the chick peas until they resemble a crumble. Sprinkle with the sausage spice blend, toss well, and bake on parchment paper in a 425 oven for 20 minutes. Set aside.
3. Saute the diced onion, diced celery and sliced button mushrooms in the extra virgin olive oil just until the onion is soft and translucent and the mushrooms begin to go golden.
4. Add the garlic and continue saute about a minute until it becomes fragrant. Add the Yves ground round and the sesame oil and break it up in the pan using a spatula.
5. Add the chick pea crumble, the Italian plum tomatoes, tomato sauce, the dried herbs and seasoning, the Tamari soy sauce and the sliced black olives.
6. Stir, reduce heat, cover, and continue to simmer for at least 30 minutes.
7. Serve over spaghetti cooked to al dente.