I've been getting requests for more breakfast recipes so I figured why not start with and easy but delicious choice, Fresh Fruit Yogurt Parfaits with Homemade Sweet Granola. If you don't like Greek yogurt no problem try this trick with American yogurt and you can still have your parfait your way with any kind of fruit you like. It's so easy it needs no recipe. The granola is easy to make and you can feel good about eating it.
|Greek yogurt/Plain yogurt||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Old fashioned rolled oats||2 Cup (32 tbs) (do not use Quick Cooking oats)|
|Sweetened flaked coconut||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Canola oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Slivered almonds||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs) , roast|
|Dried apricots||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs) , dice|
|Dried fruit||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Mix your choice of Raisins, Cranberries, Cherries, Blueberries)|
|Honey/Syrup of maple||4 Tablespoon|
|Mixed berries||2 Cup (32 tbs) (strawberries, blueberries and raspberries)|
1. Take a large bowl and place a strainer in it. Line the strainer with a cheese cloth. Pour the Greek Yogurt into it. Cover and set aside to drain until ready to serve around 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, coconut, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
3. In a medium size bowl, combine the canola oil, honey and vanilla extract and whisk until it’s thoroughly combined.
4. Pour most of the honey mixture over the rolled oats mixture; reserve about 2 tablespoons of the honey mixture in the bowl. Mix the oats and honey until well combined and all of the oats are moistened.
5. Spread the oats onto a pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 25 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, coat the almonds in the honey mixture and set aside, chop the apricot and keep it aside.
7. Next, remove the oats from the oven; pour the coated almonds over the oats and mix. Once mixed, spread the oats and nuts out evenly. Bake for another 8 to 10 minutes.
8. Allow to cool for about an hour.
9. Break up the granola, add the dried fruits and mix well. Store in an air tight container.
10. In a bowl, empty the drained yogurt. Sweeten with maple, honey or agave.
10. In parfait cups, spoon large dollops of the sweetened yogurt, top with fresh fruit and the granola mixture. Repeat the layering. Top with crunchy granola. Serve immediately.
Calories 587Calories from Fat 217
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.5%
Saturated Fat 3 g15%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 84 mg3.5%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.3%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28%
Sugars 40 g
Protein 13 g26%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 4696Calories from Fat 1736
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 200 g308%
Saturated Fat 24 g120%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 672 mg28%
Total Carbohydrates 632 g210.4%
Dietary Fiber 56 g224%
Sugars 320 g
Protein 104 g208%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet