An easy snack recipe, you can never go wrong with this sandwich.
|Cracked wheat sourdough bread slices||2|
|Extra virgin olive oil||5 Teaspoon (1 tablespoons + 2 Teaspoons of Barbra Extra Virgin Olive Oil)|
|Zucchini squash||1/2 (sliced lengthwise into strips)|
|Fresh mozzarella cheese slices||2 (1|
|Oil packed sun||dried tomatoes|
|Pesto sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat panini maker on “high” setting.
2. Wash the zucchini squash and slice in half. Slice half lengthwise into 3 or 4 slices.
3. Brush zucchini slices lightly with olive oil.
4. Grill zucchini on hot panini maker for about 2 minutes. Flip and repeat. When slices are softened with grill marks, remove and set aside.
5. Lay slices of bread open flat on a work surface. Spread pesto sauce on the face of both slices. On one slice, make layer of grilled zucchini, sun-dried tomatoes, and slices of fresh mozzarella. Top with remaining slice of bread.
6. Lightly brush one side of the panini with tablespoon olive oil. Lay face down on the hot panini maker. Brush the other side with remaining olive oil and close the lid, pressing the sandwich between the hot grills.
7. Cook for about 3- 4 minutes until the cheese melts and the sandwich is golden brown.
8. Serve with some fresh fruit juice.