What an impressive looking breakfast these red velvet pancakes made and super easy at that! These pancakes where fluffy with that signature light chocolate taste of red velvet cake. The cream cheese glaze topped it all off so nicely.
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||1 Medium , lightly beaten|
|Buttermilk||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Melted butter||4 Tablespoon , divided|
|Food color||4 Teaspoon (Red)|
|For cream cheese glaze|
|Cream cheese||2 Ounce , softened|
|Powdered sugar||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1/2 Tablespoon (or more)|
|Vanilla extract||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a bowl, add flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder. Whisk them well to combine.
2. Make a well in the middle and add the buttermilk, egg and 2 tablespoons melted butter. Continue to whisk till it forms and smooth batter.
3. Add red food color 1 teaspoon at a time and mix well till incorporated and colored evenly.
4. In a large girdle, heat 2 tablespoons butter.
5. Pour ladle full of pancake batter and cook till bubbles appear on the sides.
6. Flip and continue to cook till done. Transfer on a plate.
7. GLAZE: In a bowl, mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract. Beat till smooth and creamy.
8. In a serving platter place 1 pancake. Spread the glaze over it generously.
9. Place another pancake on top of it and spread the glaze.
10. Repeat this for all the pancakes.
11. After placing the last pancake, drizzle the glaze on top as desired.
12. In the serving plate, garnish with powdered sugar and serve the pancakes with milk or orange juice.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1773Calories from Fat 683
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 78 g120%
Saturated Fat 44 g220%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2417 mg100.71%
Total Carbohydrates 243 g81%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32%
Sugars 124 g
Protein 33 g66%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet