Nina Parker shows you an alternative pancake recipe, great for starting your morning with a bit of a treat. They're even made with spelt flour which is good for you!
|Cherries||150 Gram , stoned|
|Unrefined caster sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||4 Drop|
|Grand mariner||1 Tablespoon|
|Spelt flour||100 Gram|
|Ground almonds||50 Gram|
|Baking powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Bicarbonate of soda||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Cold water||60 Milliliter|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Free range eggs||3 Medium , lightly beaten|
|Unsalted butter||50 Gram (Plus extra for serving)|
|Olive oil/Maple syrup||1 Teaspoon (For serving)|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
1. Heat cherries in a sauce pan, add some extra sugar.
2. Drizzle lemon juice and grand marnier. Cook everything together until it comes together and forms the compote.
3. Meanwhile take spelt flour, almond flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl.
4. Pour buttermilk, mix well. Add salt and cold water and beat through to make the batter without lumps.
5. Add lightly beaten eggs followed by vanilla extract. Beat to mix well.
6. Heat a pan. Grease the pan with butter and put a laddle full of batter on the pan.
7. Put a laddle full of batter on the pan and then cook until bubbles appear on top.
8. Flip and cook the pancake on both sides.
9. Repeat and cook the remaining pancakes.
10. Brush butter on top of the pancakes.
11. Top it with cherry compote. Drizzle maple syrup and serve.