Betty demonstrates how to make Caramel Fudge Frosting. This is a great frosting for the Decadent Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes of the previous video in Bettys Kitchen.
|1 cup packed light brown sugar|
|1 cups confectioners sugar (This is the same as icing sugar or powdered sugar.)|
|1 large bowl containing about 2 inches of cold water|
1. Melt butter in a medium-sized saucepan over low heat.
2. Stir in brown sugar, bring to a boil, and boil for about 2 minutes.
3. Stir in milk and bring back to a boil. Place the saucepan in cold water and then stir in the confectioners sugar.
4. Continue stirring until the mixture is smooth, but remove the saucepan from the cold water while the frosting is still warm.
5. Spread the warm frosting over the top of the cupcakes, placing the frosted cupcakes on a nice serving plate.
6. Press about 5 or 6 Conversation Hearts artfully into the top of each cupcake.
7. Serve and enjoy!