Idlis are a breakfast favourite even outside South India. Fibre rich oats and rava combine to make delicious instant idlis that you can enjoy fresh off the steamer with sambhar and chutney.
|Please watch the video for ingredients.|
1. Combine the oats flour, semolina, curds and cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well. Cover with a lid and keep aside for 30 minutes.
2. Heat the ghee in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
3. When the seeds crackle, add the cumin seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
4. Add this tempering and the remaining ingredients, except the fruit salt to the prepared oats-semolina batter and mix well.
5. Just before steaming, add the fruit salt to the batter and pour 2 tsp of water over it.
6. When the bubbles form, mix gently.
7. Put a little batter into each of the greased idli mould and steam in a steamer for 7 to 8 minutes or till the idlis are cooked.
8. Cool slightly, demould and serve immediately with sambhar and coconut chutney.