Jaggery Tea is a soul-warming drink that is ideal to have during the monsoon. It is made by boiling palm jaggery with hand-ground spices like pepper and coriander seeds. Traces of cumin and a strong flavour of dried ginger add to the refreshing flavour of this drink, making it the perfect cuppa to sip on, when you are tired or down with cold.
|cup chopped palm jaggery (gur)|
|tsp black peppercorns (kalimirch)|
|tsp cumin seeds (jeera)|
|1 tsp coriander seeds (dhania)|
|1 tsp dried ginger powder (soonth)|
1. Combine the black peppercorns, cumin seeds, coriander seeds and ginger powder in a mortal-pestle and ground to a coarse mixture. Keep aside.
2. Heat 2 cups of water in a saucepan and allow it to boil on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
3. Add the palm jaggery, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till it is completely dissolved, while stirring occasionally.
4. Add the prepared coarse mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
5. Switch off the flame and strain it using a strainer in a deep bowl.