Betty demonstrates how to make Kool-Aid Popcorn. This is the fourth in a series of popcorn with unusual flavors. So good!
|10 cups popped corn|
|cup butter, melted|
|cup light corn syrup|
|1 packet of dry Kool||Aid mix, any flavor (The flavor will determine the color and taste.)|
|1 teaspoon baking soda|
1. Line a large rimmed baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Place popped corn in a very large bowl and set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, place butter, light corn syrup, and Kool-Aid mix.
4. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
5. Reduce heat to low and boil for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in baking soda.
6. Pour syrup over popped corn. Stir gently, covering popcorn as evenly as possible with syrup.
7. Spread the coated popcorn on the prepared baking pan.
8. Bake at 250 degrees (F) until the coating is set, about 3 minutes, or until dry to the touch.
9. Ladle Kool-Aid Popcorn into large serving bowl or individual bowls and enjoy!