The classic omelette is a great recipe for a last minute meal!
|Butter||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||2 Large , beaten|
1. Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat just enough to mix the whites and the yolks add salt to taste.
2. In a non-stick pan, with rounded sides, melt the butter until golden brown, making sure it coats the bottom of the pan.
3. Pour the egg and salt mixture into the pan, over high heat, and spread it out evenly over the bottom, with a spatula, loosen the edges of the omelette and shake the pan back and forth so that it moves towards the opposite end, and fold in half.
4. If you want, add your favorite filling before folding it over.
5. Transfer the omelette to a serving dish and brush with butter to make it shiny.
The omelette should be golden on the outside, but still moist inside.
6. Serve with crusty bread.
To make a traditional French omelette, fill with ham, sautéed mushrooms and cheese.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 304Calories from Fat 250
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.1%
Saturated Fat 14 g70%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 530 mg22.08%
Total Carbohydrates %
Dietary Fiber %
Protein 13 g26%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet