The VRK lads jump into the kitchen with Bryant Wells from Tukka Restaurant (located in Brisbane, Australia) to prepare a truly metal dish - Australian Crocodile, with a Celeriac and Fennel remoulade, and Pear and Onion puree.
|Crocodile tenderloin||300 Gram|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|For the puree|
|Onion||1 Medium , thinly sliced|
|Pear||1 Medium , core (chopped into small pieces)|
|White wine||1 Dash|
|For the remoulade|
|Celeriac||1 Medium , julienned|
|Fennel bulbs||1 Small , julienned|
|Aioli||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Creme fraiche||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black ground pepper||1 Pinch|
|Chives||1 Teaspoon , finely chopped|
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Prepare the sous-vide water bath to 57 degrees.
3. In a bowl combine sugar, salt and vanilla pods.
4. Coat the crocodile tenderloin with this mixture on all sides.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours.
6. In a saucepan place the onions, add sugar and oil caramelize the onions for 5 minutes on low heat.
7. After 5 minutes add the pears and sweat it until the color changes.
8. Add splash of white wine and toss everything.
9. Turn off the heat and allow it to cool, once cooled puree them in the blender until smooth.
10. In a bowl place the celeriac and add pinch of salt, mix and allow it to sweat for some time.
11. In another bowl combine aioli, crème fresh, salt, black ground pepper and chives, stir to combine and then add the fennel.
12. Rinse the celeriac in water and drain excess salt, squeeze and pat it dry with paper towel.
13. Add it to the fennel mixture and mix everything and set aside.
14. Place the crocodile in a vacuum back and then place it in the Sous-vide to cook for 60 minutes at 57 degrees.
15. In a pan pour olive oil and allow it to heat up, sear the crocodile meat on both sides or until it turns brown in color.
16. Once seared place the pan in the preheat oven for 2-3 minutes.
17. Slice the crocodile meat once done and place it on a plate fanned out and allow to rest.
18. In the serving plate place a spoonful of the remoulade, pipe out drops of the pear and onion puree.
19. Place the sliced meat on the remoulade.
20. Serve with a glass of white or red wine.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1757Calories from Fat 1036
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 115 g176.9%
Saturated Fat 17 g85%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 3036 mg126.5%
Total Carbohydrates 110 g36.7%
Dietary Fiber 24 g96%
Sugars 42 g
Protein 77 g154%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet