|Butter||250 Gram (1 Cup)|
|Vanilla||1 1/4 Teaspoon|
|Rolled oats||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground rolled oats||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Dates||1 Pound , chopped (500 Grams)|
|Sugar||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||3 Teaspoon , grated|
|Water||500 Milliliter (2 Cups)|
|Minced nuts||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400Â°F (200Â°C).
2) Mix the butter with the sugar until the mixture becomes light and fluffy. Add the oats and vanilla to the mix and beat well.
3) Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt and add to the oat mixture. Blend thoroughly.
4) Now add the milk and after mix it all well, allow it to chill for several hours.
5) Pour out the mixture on a floured board to a thickness of 1/8 inch (3 mm). Cut into 2-inch (5-cm) rounds and place on a buttered cookie sheet.
6) Bake in a 400Â°F (200Â°C) oven for about ten minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.
7) Except the nuts, mix together all the filling ingredients in a saucepan.
8) Bring it to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for about ten minutes (until it becomes thick). Keep stirring frequently.
9) Mix in the minced nuts and allow to cool.
10) Spread about half the cookies with the filling. Top with the other half.
11) Serve hot and crispy.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 9904Calories from Fat 3746
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 418 g643.1%
Saturated Fat 164 g820%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2425 mg101.04%
Total Carbohydrates 1385 g461.7%
Dietary Fiber 142 g568%
Sugars 621 g
Protein 212 g424%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet