Quick, Nutritious, Delicious dessert that won't kill your blood sugar.
|Steel cut oats||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Oat bran||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flaxseed meal||4 Tablespoon|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) , chopped|
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) , chopped|
|Pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) , chopped|
|Blackstrap molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dates||3 , grounded|
|Cinnamon powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F. Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl place steel cut oats, oat bran, flaxseed meal, raisins, walnuts, almonds and pecans.
3. In a pan add in the blackstrap molasses, maple syrup, honey and dates. Place over medium – high heat and mix well.
4. Add in the tahini, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
5. Pour the syrup over the oat mixture and mix until incorporated.
6. Spoon out mixture into one thin layer on parchment lined cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 8 minutes at 350 Degrees F.
8. Cut the bars and serve for dessert.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 3581Calories from Fat 1073
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 122 g188.3%
Saturated Fat 12.91 g64.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 330.7 mg13.78%
Total Carbohydrates 575 g191.7%
Dietary Fiber 93.78 g375%
Sugars 203.8 g
Protein 99 g197.5%
Vitamin A 2.6% Vitamin C 7.5%
Calcium 78.6% Iron 171.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet