These vegetables and noodles in a creamy sauce are quite different than the regular hakka noodles. The garnish of spring onion greens, sesame seeds, and peanuts gives a nice taste and crunch to these soft noodles.
|Cabbage||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , shredded|
|Carrot||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , thinly sliced|
|Capsicum||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , thinly sliced|
|Bean sprouts||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Noodles||3/4 Cup (12 tbs) , boiled|
|Garlic||1/2 Teaspoon , finely chopped (lehsun)|
|Onion||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , sliced|
|Soy sauce||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Spring onion greens||1 Tablespoon , chopped|
|Sesame seed||1 Tablespoon , roasted (til)|
|Peanuts||1 Tablespoon , roasted|
1. In a wok or kadai, add oil, and when hot, add garlic, followed by adding onions. Sauté on high level of heat for a minute or so.
2. Now, add cabbage, bean sprouts, carrots, and capsicum. Mix properly, and sauté on high heat for a minute.
3. Add noodles and mix properly. Cook on high heat for a couple of minutes, while stirring continuously, before adding salt and soya sauce. Stir well and cook on high for a minute.
4. Now add cornflour-water solution and sugar. Mix properly and cook on high heat for a minute or two while stirring constantly.
5. Serve the noodles hot garnished with spring onion greens, peanuts, and sesame seeds.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1029Calories from Fat 556
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g98.5%
Saturated Fat 9 g45%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 588 mg24.5%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.7%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40%
Sugars 11 g
Protein 22 g44%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet