Super easy and delicious muffin!
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for muffin batter)|
|Granulated sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs) (for muffin batter)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon (for muffin batter)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon (for muffin batter)|
|Ground cinnamon/Ginger powder||1 Teaspoon (for muffin batter)|
|Egg||1 Large (for muffin batter)|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for muffin batter)|
|Canola oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for muffin batter)|
|Apricot jam||12 Teaspoon (for apricot sesame muffin (1 teaspoon for each))|
|Sesame seed||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for apricot sesame muffin)|
|Icing sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Icing for apricot sesame muffin)|
|Milk||1 Tablespoon (Icing for apricot sesame muffin)|
|Cayenne||1 Teaspoon (for cheddar bacon muffin)|
|Bacon||1 Cup (16 tbs) , cooked (for cheddar bacon muffin)|
|Cheddar||1 Tablespoon , shredded (for cheddar bacon muffin)|
|Green onion||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for cheddar bacon muffin)|
|Pecan||1 Cup (16 tbs) , chop (for pear and pecan muffin)|
|Pear||1 Cup (16 tbs) , peeled, chopped (for pear and pecan muffin)|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree.
2. Line 12-cup muffin tray with paper liners. Keep it aside.
3. In a large bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Mix well.
4. In a separate bowl, combine egg, buttermilk, and oil. Whisk well.
5. Transfer egg mixture into the large bowl with flour. Mix to incorporate. Do not over mix the batter.
6. For sesame apricot muffins, add sesame seeds in the batter. Mix well.
7. Pour batter into the muffin cups, about ½ way.
8. Drop jam in the centre of each muffin. Cover the jam with remaining batter.
9. Place muffin tray on the middle rack of the oven, and bake for about 20 minutes or until the tops are firm to touch.
10. Repeat the process for pecan and pear muffins.
11. For cheddar bacon muffins, omit spices, mix the other ingredients, and then bake it in oven.
12. Remove from oven, and allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes in the tray.
13. Then, transfer it to a wire rack and let it cool completely.
14. In a bowl, mix icing sugar and milk. Top each muffin with icing.
15. Serve buttermilk muffins immediately.
You can add dry fruits, nuts, flax seed, herbs, spices and any fresh ingredients into the muffins as per your choice.
You can prepare the batter, pour it in muffin tin , and freeze it until firm. Now transfer it to a resealable pouch, and it will remain fresh for about a month in refrigerator.
To cook from frozen simply add 8-10 minutes to the baking time.
Calories 1359Calories from Fat 575
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 66 g101.5%
Saturated Fat 6 g30%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 397 mg16.54%
Total Carbohydrates 187 g62.3%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28%
Sugars 142 g
Protein 14 g28%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 8154Calories from Fat 3450
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 396 g609%
Saturated Fat 36 g180%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2382 mg99.24%
Total Carbohydrates 1122 g373.8%
Dietary Fiber 42 g168%
Sugars 852 g
Protein 84 g168%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet