A piece of cake weighs about a 100 grams, has 1400 kilojoules, 4 grams of saturated fat and its a treat. A muffin on the other hand weighs about 200 grams, has 2600 kilojoules and 7 grams of saturated fat, still some people tend to choose muffin over cake, considering it to be a healthier alternative. If you prefer muffins over cake, here's a healthy alternative for you.
|Plain flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole meal flour||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Bran||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Castor sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Blueberries||4 1/2 Ounce|
|Seedless grapes||3 1/2 Ounce|
|Butter milk||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sunflower oil||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Prepare the muffin pan.
3. In a bowl, combine plain flour, whole meal flour, bran, baking powder, castor sugar, cinnamon, blueberries and seedless grapes.
4. In another bowl, combine eggs, milk and sunflower oil, whisk lightly.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently mix. Make sure you do not overmix the batter.
6. Put the batter into the muffin pan and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
7. Remove from the pan and serve.