|Frozen puff pastry||13 Ounce , thawed (1 packet)|
|Canned mandarin oranges||11 Ounce (1 can)|
|Caster sugar||1 Tablespoon (for sprinkling)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 450 degrees.
2) On a floured surface, thinly roll out the dough. Cut out 6 to 8 rounds.
3) Mix together the mandarins and mincemeat and divide the mixture evenly between the dough rounds.
4) With water, moisten the edges of the rounds and then fold them in half. Press and pinch the edges firmly to seal.
5) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, till the puffs are golden in color.
6) If you want to freeze the puffs, flash freeze them till firm, wrap in individual foil pieces, pack in a freezer bag, seal, label and store in the freezer.
7) To serve without freezing, place the puffs on a serving platter and serve while still warm or at room temperature. If using frozen puffs, first remove the wrappings, place the puffs on a baking sheet, sprinkle with a little water and caster sugar and heat in an oven for 15 to 20 minutes at 450 degrees. Let the puffs cool for a bit and then serve.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2523Calories from Fat 1451
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 161 g247.7%
Saturated Fat 43 g215%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1038 mg43.25%
Total Carbohydrates 211 g70.3%
Dietary Fiber 9 g36%
Sugars 43 g
Protein 59 g118%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet