Condensed Milk or Popularly also known as Sweetened Condesed Milk or Mithai Mate or Milkmaid is used in several desserts such as Eggless Cakes, Sevaiyaa, Kheer.. Milk which is cooked with sugar for a long time brings in a gooey, thick, sweet, creamy and delicious product. Although easily available, but one can make it at home with 3 simple ingredients and at even less than half the price of a Canned product! This is made with Milk, Sugar and a wee bit Baking soda which is optional. Real Ingredients, Amazing taste!
|3 % milk||500 Milliliter (Toned Milk,)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Pinch (Optional)|
1. In a pan, pour in the milk and add the sugar.
2. Heat this up in medium-high flame, stirring regularly. It should take about 20 mins for it to reduce. Milk can froth up and boil over anytime, keep an eye.
3. We just need to stir this and cook, that's it. Suddenly after 17-18 mins you should see a very vibrant color to it and the texture will be very frothy.
4. Switch off the flame and add the baking soda (optional). Stir well and let it cool.
5. Once cooled, stir well and store or use immediately.
Use it to make desserts as required.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1069Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.6%
Saturated Fat %
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 180 mg7.5%
Total Carbohydrates 223 g74.3%
Dietary Fiber %
Sugars 199 g
Protein 14 g28%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet