I made this video as a product review for the Fire Roasted "Warning Salsa". I used this fantastic product as a base for a taco pizza, and I'm here to tell you, that it was simply amazing! The Warning Salsa ROCKED this pizza, as well as the taco seasoning that I made from a recipe over at the youtube channel Food Jazz! I will be making this pizza again for sure!
|For taco seasoning mix|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground beef chuck||1 Pound|
|Shallots||3 , chopped|
|Water||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|For pizza base|
|Pizza dough||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Corn meal||2 Tablespoon ((For sliding pizza into the oven))|
|Salsa||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1/4 Pound , shredded|
|Butter lettuce||2 Ounce , chopped|
|Chopped tomatoes||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped black olives||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped green onion||3 Tablespoon|
|Avocado||1 , sliced into wedges|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Ounce , shredded ((Chipotle variety))|
|Sea salt||1 Dash|
|Black pepper||1 Dash|
|For sour cream dressing|
|Sour cream||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon ((Of 1/2 Lime))|
|Cilantro leaves||1/4 Teaspoon|
1. Prepare the taco seasoning by mixing all the ingredients.
2. Blend sour cream, avocado, lime juice and cilantro in a food processor until it forms and thick dressing. Set it aside.
3. Preheat the grill at 550 F.
4. Heat a pan and sauté ground beef with chopped shallots and taco seasoning. Pour in water and mix well. Let it simmer until all water has evaporated.
5. Set it on the side for it to cool down.
6. Take pizza dough and roll it out on a floured surface to a diameter of about 9 - 12 inches.
7. Lay down the pizza base on a clean wooden surface layered with corn meal. On the pizza base, spread salsa evenly and then top it with hamburger meat that was prepared earlier.
8. Liberally spread grated cheddar all over.
9. Slide the pizza in a preheated grill it at 550 and grill for about 7 to 8 minutes.
10. Take the pizza out and top it with butter lettuce, chopped tomatoes, black olives, green onion, avocado wedges, sea salt, black pepper and chipotle cheddar cheese.
11. Drizzle liberally with avocado sour cream dressing.
12. Cut into slices and serve immediately.
Calories 769Calories from Fat 393
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.2%
Saturated Fat 18 g90%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1381 mg57.54%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.3%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 35 g70%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 3845Calories from Fat 1965
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 225 g346%
Saturated Fat 90 g450%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 6905 mg287.7%
Total Carbohydrates 305 g101.5%
Dietary Fiber 35 g140%
Sugars 25 g
Protein 175 g350%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet