My first cook on the new Grill Dome. I decided to make a recipe I saw on Triple D from a place called Elks Public House in Spokane Washington. The Grill Dome performed flawless, holding temps and allowing to cook on one batch of charcoal all day.
|For the smoked onion dip|
|Onion||5 Medium , cut into half|
|Mayonnaise||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Sour cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||2 Tablespoon|
|Liquid smoke flavoring||1 Teaspoon|
|For the smoked chicken|
|Whole chicken||2 Medium|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|For the quesadilla|
|Barbecue sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Mozarella cheese||2 Tablespoon , shredded|
|Red onion||2 Tablespoon , thinly sliced|
|Cilantro||2 Tablespoon , chopped finely|
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place it on the prepared grill along with the onions.
2. After 1 hour remove the onions from the grill and let it cool. Continue to cook the chicken for another 1 ½ hours or till it reaches an internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
3. Remove the chicken from the grill and let it cool. Pull out the meat and shred it and set aside.
For The Smoked Onion Dip
4. In a food processor, throw in the cooled onions and blend till smooth. Transfer into a bowl.
5. Add the remaining ingredients for the dip and mix well till combined. Chill in the refrigerator till ready to serve.
For The Quesadilla
6. On a tortilla spread the barbeque sauce. On one side spread the shredded smoked chicken, mozzarella cheese, red onions and cilantro one after the other. Fold the tortilla into half. Repeat this with the other tortilla as well.
7. Place them on the grill and cook for around 3 minutes or till crisp, while flipping once. Remove from the grill and cut into wedges.
8. Serve the quesadilla hot with the smoked onion dip.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1834Calories from Fat 1164
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 129 g198.5%
Saturated Fat 31 g155%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2835 mg118.13%
Total Carbohydrates 97 g32.3%
Dietary Fiber 13 g52%
Sugars 26 g
Protein 70 g140%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet