Everyones ordered nachos at a sports bar or a restaurant only often find them kinda wimpy. A mound of chips barely covered with cheese and an ice cream scoops worth of guacamole on top. And theres never enough salsa. No bueno.
Sean and Adams Nach-Yos are layered with cheesy dudeness throughout., trust us on this.
|Tortilla chips||1/2 Bag (0.5 kg) (Avoid Flavored or Specialty Chips)|
|Tomatoes||2 Large , diced|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shredded jack cheese/Shredded pepperjack cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Black bean||14 Ounce , drained, rinsed|
|Parmesan cheese||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh salsa||To Taste|
|For sean's guacamole sauce|
|Avocado||1 , ripened|
|Lime||1 , juiced|
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Begin with a single layer of chips in your cast iron skillet. Top with equal parts cheddar and jack cheese, then tomatoes, then black beans.
3. Then another layer of the same, each time making the layer slightly smaller in diameter until it becomes a heaping mountain of nach-yo-ness.
4. Top the final layer with the remaining cheddar and jack and finally parmesan. You’re starting to get excited by this point, huh? Open a beer and chill, it’s gonna be about 15 minutes from here.
5. Carefully carry your cast iron skillet (you don’t want to topple your masterpiece) and place on the middle rack of the oven.
6. Close the oven door, grab a beer from the fridge and chill for about 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and some of it starts to get that crunchy golden dudeness.
7. NO JOKE HERE DUDE: Double up your hot pad and/or oven mitt cuz that cast iron skillet is gonna be smoking hot (not like Adam). If not, you’ll burn your hand. Which hurts, but worst of all, you’ll spill your Nach-Yos and look like an idiot.
8. Anyway, with your doubled-up hot pad, take the cast iron skillet out of the oven and place it on a trivet (if don’t know what that is, odds are you don’t have one) or a folded kitchen towel or another hot pad so you don’t burn whatever’s underneath your cast iron skillet.
9. Top your macho cheese Nach-yos with your favorite salsa and a few squirts of Sean’s guacamole sauce.
10. Keep a hot pad on the handle of the cast iron skillet while it’s still hot to remind everyone that it burns like a mofo.
For Sean’s Guacamole Sauce
1. Place everything in a food processor or blender and purée until smooth.
2. Pour into a condiment bottle (if you’ve got one - they’re the ones you put ketchup and stuff in) and put a few squirts on your Nach-Yos.
3. Oh and you can do the same thing with sour cream. Just add a little water and put it in a condiment bottle.
Wanna step these Nach-Yos up even more? Okay. Cool. During the layering process, toss in some shredded chicken or maybe some diced red onion. You could sprinkle it with some garlic powder or if you’re spicy like Sean is, put a few dashes of cayenne pepper on each layer. Or all of the above. Make them Nach-Yos your own, Dude!
Calories 1293Calories from Fat 673
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g116.9%
Saturated Fat 29 g145%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2041 mg85.04%
Total Carbohydrates 107 g35.7%
Dietary Fiber 13 g52%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 46 g92%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 5172Calories from Fat 2692
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 304 g467.6%
Saturated Fat 116 g580%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 8164 mg340.16%
Total Carbohydrates 428 g142.8%
Dietary Fiber 52 g208%
Sugars 24 g
Protein 184 g368%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet