In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make Steak Tacos.
This is the last dish in my Mexican dinner series. The tacos are made from sirloin steak, and accompanied by an array of toppings.
|Sirloin steak||1 Pound , untrimmed|
|Fresh ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Pan drippings/Beef broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||4 Ounce|
|Taco seasoning||2 Tablespoon ((more or less to taste))|
|Finely shredded cheddar and monterey jack cheese blend||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) ((as needed))|
|Sliced black olives||1/4 Tablespoon ((as needed))|
|Chopped red onion||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) ((as needed))|
|Shredded lettuce||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) ((as needed))|
|Grape tomato/Cherry tomato||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , halved ((as needed))|
|Avacado||1 , sliced, stored in lemon juice ((as needed))|
|Sour cream||3 Tablespoon ((as needed))|
|Fresh jalapeno pepper/Pickled jalapeno pepper||5 , cut in rings ((as needed))|
|Taco sauce||To Taste|
1. Season steak with salt and pepper, wrap in aluminium foil and place in a crock pot. Cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours (or place wrapped meat in a pan and cook in 350 degree oven for 2-3 hours)
2. Remove cooked steak from foil and place on a cutting board. Tent and let rest for 10 minutes. Using a knife remove all excess fat. Cut or pull meat into bite size pieces and set side.
3. Into a measuring cup, pour dripping and skim off fat. If you do not have 1 full cup of meat drippings, add beef broth to get 1 cup.
4. In a deep skillet, pour the dripping and set aside.
5. In a small cup, mix cornstarch with ½ cup water and pour it into the skillet with dripping.
6. Add tomato paste, stir and cook over medium heat until mixture begins to bubble. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring constantly until thickened.
7. Stir in taco seasoning, and put the chopped meat. Mix well and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
8. In a 13-inch by 9-inch by 2-inch Pyrex dish, place the tortilla shells and pop in 325 degree oven for about 6-7 minutes.
9. Spoon steak mixture equally at the bottom of each tortilla shell.
10. Top meat mixture with desired toppings, beginning with cheese, followed by sliced black olives, chopped red onion, shredded lettuce, grape tomatoes, avocado, sour cream, jalapeno peppers, and Taco Sauce.
11. Serve immediately and enjoy!