In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make Roasted Corn and Tomato Salsa. This is a great side dish to accompany any meal, but is particularly refreshing during the summertime.
|Fresh corn||4 , husks removed, rinsed, and dried ((3|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cherry tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs) , rinsed and halved ((fresh))|
|Fresh green onions||3 , rinsed, and sliced in 3/8|
|Fresh basil||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , chopped|
|White balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon ((or dark if you prefer))|
|Ground black pepper||1/2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. Brush corn with olive oil and place on lined broiler pan. Pop in oven and bake for 4-5 minutes on each side.
3. Turn the oven to "broil" and place corn about 3 inches from the upper heating unit. Broil for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the corn is charred in a few places. Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes.
4. Slice kernels from the cobs and place in a large serving bowl.
5. Add cherry tomato halves, green onions, basil, white balsamic vinegar, salt, and ground black pepper into the bowl with kernels. Stir until well combined. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour or until ready to serve.
6. Serve and enjoy!
You can prepare salsa ahead of time and place in refrigerator for 2 days.