Baked goodness, with guey cheese and shredded beef chill. Enjoy!
|Chuck roast||3 Pound|
|Seasoning||1 1/2 Tablespoon (Grand Diamond All Purpose Seasoning)|
|Chile powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Beef stock||3 1/2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Yellow onion||1 Medium , quartered|
|Mexican oregano||2 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||1 Medium|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm) , mash|
|Pasilla pepper||1 Large|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Sharp Cheddar Cheese)|
|Vegetable oil||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) (For deep frying)|
1. In a small bowl, combine and mix the Grand Diamond Seasoning, Chile powder, cumin and salt. Rub the spice mix all over the roast.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Place the chuck roast in the pan. Brown each side for about 3 to 5 minutes.
3. In the meantime turn the crockpot at the high setting, pour the beef stock, onion, oregano, lime juice and garlic, and stir well.
4. Once the roast has been seared on all sides, place it in the crock pot, cover and cook for 5½ to 6 hours.
5. Once the beef is cooked, place the meat in a large bowl and shred it with the help of a fork.
6. Roast the pasilla pepper directly over the gas stove, roast until it is completely charred on all sides.
7. Once done cover with saran wrap and let it sit for 10 minutes.
8. Brush the tortillas with vegetable oil, heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
9. Take one tortilla fill 2 tablespoons of the beef filling and some cheese and roll it as tight as possible without breaking the tortilla.
10. Use a toothpick to hold the tortilla closed or lay the rolled taquito with the seam facing down to hold it into place.
11. For baked Taquito. Preheat oven at 450 degrees. Place the rolled taquitos on a baking rack on a sheet pan.Bake for 14 to 16 minutes.
12. For fried Taquitos. In a large pan over medium-high heat the vegetable oil about ½ inch to 1 inch deep.
13. Using tongs, place the tip of one of the taquitos in the oil. Lay each taquito in the pan with the seam side, facing down.
14. Let the taquitos become golden brown and crisp on all sides. Once done remove them from the oil, place on a paper towel and lightly salt immediately. Remove the toothpicks.
15. Serve the Taquito with guacamole and salsa.
Calories 429Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.2%
Saturated Fat 7 g35%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 516 mg21.5%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Protein 30 g60%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 6435Calories from Fat 2325
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 255 g393%
Saturated Fat 105 g525%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 7740 mg322.5%
Total Carbohydrates 585 g195%
Dietary Fiber 30 g120%
Protein 450 g900%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet