Fajitas are EASY to make when you use this simple slow cooker recipe!
|Green peppers||3 , sliced (or yellow or red peppers)|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon , finely minced|
|Skinless boneless chicken breast||8 , cut into thin strips|
|Taco seasoning mix||2 1/2 Ounce (2 packages)|
|Coarse salt||1 Teaspoon , divided|
|Olive oil||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salsa||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Guacamole||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Colby jack cheese||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , shredded|
|Black olives||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , chopped|
|Tomatoes||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , diced|
|Lettuce||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , shredded|
1. In a slow cooker, make layer of half of each, peppers, onions, garlic and chicken.
2. Dredge, one package of taco seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon salt over the chicken and vegetable layer.
3. Repeat the layering of remaining chicken and vegetables, sprinkle remaining taco seasoning and salt.
4. Drizzle oil on top, cover and cook on very low heat for 4 to 6 hours, until chicken is fully cooked and juices run clear.
5. Stir well to combine and turn off the heat.
6. Place a tortilla in serving plate and spoon the chicken mixture on top.
7. Serve hot topped with any of the desired toppings.
Serve with side of beans and rice if desired.