|10 inch flour tortillas||8|
|For the chili sauce|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm) , finely chopped|
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can, Undrained)|
|For the filling|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs) , chopped|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) , finely chopped|
|Lean ground pork/Beef||1 Pound|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Leaf oregano||1/2 Teaspoon , crumbled|
|Water||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned refried beans||24 Ounce (2 2/3 Cups / 1 1/2 Cans Of 16 Ounce Each)|
|Mild cheddar cheese||8 Ounce , shredded (2 Cups)|
1) FOR THE CHILLI SAUCE: Take a small saucepan and heat oil in it. Add garlic and saute for about 30 seconds over low heat.
2) Add cumin, chili powder, salt and flour. Cook for 30 seconds or more, stirring frequently.
3) Add tomatoes along with their liquid and cook over medium heat. Break the tomatoes with a spoon and cook for about 10 minutes or until thick. Set the mixture aside.
4) FOR THE FILLING: Take a heavy skillet of medium size and heat oil in it. Saute onion in it for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and cook for another 1 minute.
5) Crumble in beef or pork and saute until about half-cooked.
6) Add cumin, oregano, chili powder, pepper and salt. Cook until meat is thoroughly cooked, stirring constantly.
7) Add flour and cook for another 1 minute. Stir in water and cook for 3-5 minutes or until adequately thickened, stirring occasionally. Set the filling aside but ensuring that it remain hot or re-heat the filling before putting together the burritos.
8) FOR THE BURRITOS: Take a saucepan and heat refried beans in it until very hot and of a good spreading consistency. Add some water if beans seem too thick. The meat filling should be very hot while the chili sauce can be at room temperature or hot.
9) Take a large skillet or griddle and heat over very low flame. Warm a tortilla on it until pliable and soft. Heat both sides evenly for 10-15 seconds. Spoon out bean mixture evenly on the tortilla. Spread meat filling along the lower third portion of the tortilla. Top meat with 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese and about 1/8 cup chili sauce. Fold both the sides of the tortilla and roll up. Repeat the same with the other tortillas.
10) Allow the burritos to rest for 1-2 minutes for melting the cheese before serving.
Calories 505Calories from Fat 221
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40%
Saturated Fat 10 g50%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1048 mg43.67%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 28 g56%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 4040Calories from Fat 1768
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 208 g320%
Saturated Fat 80 g400%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 8384 mg349.36%
Total Carbohydrates 312 g104%
Dietary Fiber 64 g256%
Sugars 32 g
Protein 224 g448%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet