|White wine vinegar||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mild onion||1 Large , cut in thin vertical slices|
|Oranges||4 Large , peeled with a knife to remove white membrane and cut in crosswise slices|
|Avocado||1 Large , peeled and sliced|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter lettuce leaves||4|
1. Use a vegetable parer to peel the strips of a cucumber lengthwise. Use the parer to make alternate patterns of white and green.
2. Make thin slices of cucumbers and place these in a bowl.
3. Add salt, vinegar and oil. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 60 minutes.
4. Use a slotted spoon to remove the cucumber from the bowl. Keep the marinade aside.
5. Arrange cucumber slices with avocado, onions and oranges side by side in a big rimmed tray.
6. Drizzle the avocado with lemon juice so that the color is well preserved.
7. Spoon the orange chili dressing as individual portions and serve.