Here is a fantastic recipe for a fresh salsa that is DELICIOUS! It is the perfect mix of textures and flavors! My mom came up with this recipe, and it has been a regular staple in our house ever since.
It is easy to make, and can be prepared the night before and kept in the fridge, so that your Sunday morning can be better spent: dressing up in your teamʼs colors painting your face to match!
|Pepper||1 Large (any color)|
|Whole kernel corn/2 whole corn cobs, cooked, cooled, and kernels cut off||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Salad dressing||To Taste (Kraft Mango Chipotle)|
1. Drain canned corn, and put in a large mixing bowl.
2. Dice all of your fresh ingredients into bite sized pieces. I prefer a fine dice, but you can chop into larger pieces if you enjoy a chunky salsa.
3. To cut your avocado: Slice in half. Remove pit. Slice into pieces while still in the skin, by slicing like a grid. Use a spoon to scoop out the pieces & place in bowl.
4. Gently mix ingredients together, and drizzle on enough dressing to taste.
5. Sprinkle with salt & pepper, and gently mix ingredients once again.
6. Serve alongside tortilla chips, and garnish with a few slivers of pepper, if desired.(I used red pepper)
7. Top with a few drops of Sriracha hot sauce if you require a little more heat.
This recipe makes enough for 4 people to eat as an entire light meal, but if you are preparing this alongside a bunch of other appetizer recipes, this should feed your whole party!
The recipe is excerpted from the delicious offerings at Pig of the Month.
Connect with us on Facebook to receive to special deals too!
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1191Calories from Fat 791
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 94 g144.6%
Saturated Fat 13 g65%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 261 mg10.88%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.3%
Dietary Fiber 50 g200%
Sugars 22 g
Protein 19 g38%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet