|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm) , crushed|
|Onion||1 Medium , chopped|
|Ground round steak||1 Pound|
|Chili powder||2 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 Small Can)|
|Taco sauce||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Piecrust mix||1 (1 Package)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2) In large iron skillet, saute the garlic in the oil, until golden.
3) Stir in all the ingredients except the piecrust mix, cover and simmer over a low heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
4) Prepare the piecrust mix as per the package directions and roll out 1/8 inch thick.
5) With a demitasse cup or small biscuit cutter, cut out as many rounds as possible.
6) Spoon a heaping teaspoon of sauce in the center of each round.
7) Then fold over, press the edges together and prick with a fork.
8) Arrange on a cookie sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
9) Serve the Mexican Turnovers, immediately on a serving platter.