A mexican classic, this wet shredded chicken burrito is packed with flavor and quickly becomes your family favorite.
|Chicken||5 Pound ((your choice of pieces, boneless or bone|
|Grand diamond all purpose seasoning||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Mexican oregano||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chipotle powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large ((sliced))|
|Red bell pepper||1 ((sliced))|
|Chunky salsa||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Low sodium chicken broth||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|12 inch tortillas||12|
|Mexican rice||To Taste|
|Enchilada sauce||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Quick pinto beans recipe|
|Pinto beans||30 Ounce ((Plain))|
|Green chiles||4 Pound|
|Chipotle powder||3/4 Teaspoon|
|Onions||4 Tablespoon ((nely finely chopped))|
|Garlic clove||2 , finely chopped|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Quick Pinto Beans:
1. Combine all of the ingredients in to a medium sauce pan. Simmer for 20 minutes over medium-high heat.
2. Mix all of the seasonings in a small bowl. Prepare and slice the onions, bell pepper, and garlic.
3. Season all of the chicken with about 2 Tablespoons of the seasoning mixture. Preheat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once the oil is hot, brown the chicken on each side for about 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Place the meat in the crock pot along with the onions, bell pepper, garlic, the remaining seasoning mixture, salsa, and chicken broth. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
5. Prepare all of your favorite toppings. Grill vegetables by slicing them lengthwise and then coating them with olive oil. Season to taste. Grill the slices on each side for about 2 to 4 minutes, depending on the desired tenderness.
6. Once the chicken is done, shred it and remove the bones if bone-in chicken was used, and place it back into the juices of the crock pot.
Assemble the burrito:
7. Warm a tortilla on a hot griddle or in a dry skillet over medium-high heat.
8. Pile your choice of ingredients on the lower third of the tortilla, fold the bottom of the tortilla over the ingredients, fold both ends inward and roll it to close.
9. Place the burrito(s) in an oven safe dish, pour over some enchilada sauce, and sprinkle cheese over the top.
10. Place in the oven under the broiler to melt the cheese.
11. Garnish with sour cream, guacamole, and/or salsa. Serve and Enjoy.
Calories 1823Calories from Fat 571
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g96.9%
Saturated Fat 14 g70%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2230 mg92.92%
Total Carbohydrates 187 g62.3%
Dietary Fiber 37 g148%
Sugars 25 g
Protein 124 g248%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 10938Calories from Fat 3426
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 378 g581.4%
Saturated Fat 84 g420%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 13380 mg557.52%
Total Carbohydrates 1122 g373.8%
Dietary Fiber 222 g888%
Sugars 150 g
Protein 744 g1488%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet