Today's recipe for Easy Taco Pie is another quick and easy recipe that can be made with easy to find ingredients from the pantry. Perfect for a quick weeknight meal or a holiday potluck, the recipe is a real crowd pleaser!
|Cooked brown rice||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Grated sharp cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs) (old cheddar cheese used)|
|White onion||1 Medium , diced|
|Extra lean ground beef||2 Pound|
|Refried beans||16 Ounce|
|Tomato salsa/Rotel||10 Ounce|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice/Lime juice||1/2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix the rice and egg whites together with 1 cup of the grated cheese. And press equal amounts into two pie plates that have been well sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Brown the ground beef and diced onions in a non-stick pan treated with cooking spray over medium high heat. Add the re-fried beans, salsa, seasoning, and lime juice.
4. Pour in equal amounts into each pie shell and top each pie with the remaining cheese. Bake in a pre-heated 350 oven for 45 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
5. Serve with a green salad.