Babyback ribs cooked low n slow on my Weber Kettle using "The Rib-O-Lator"! This thing is cool!
|Baby back ribs||3|
|Peanut oil||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For the rub|
|Kosher salt||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Smoked paprika||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||2 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Dried mexican oregano||3 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ancho chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the glaze|
|Tequila||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Agave nectar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lime juice||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , freshly squeezed|
|Triple sec||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chipotle sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Pickling spice||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat your webber / grill.
2. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the rub and mix well.
3. Brush all the baby back ribs with peanut oil and sprinkle with the prepared rub.
4. Place the ribs in the weber and allow to cook, maintaining the temperature between 225 - 250 degrees F.
5. Meanwhile, in a pan combine tequila,agave nectar, lime juice, triple sec, brown sugar, chipotle sauce, pickling spice. Allow to simmer until reduced to a glaze consistency.
6. Check the ribs after an hour and spritz them with a mixture of light orange soda a bit of apple cider vinegar and a little bit of olive oil. Keep spritzing the ribs with this mixture, once every half an hour. Allow the ribs to cook for 3 - 4 hours.
7. Once the ribs are done, brush them generously with the prepared glaze. Cover the weber and allow to cook for anothr 45 mins - 1 hour.
8. Cut the ribs using a sharp knife and serve hot.