Homemade carne asada grilled up on my Weber.
|Black pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Mexican oregano||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground clove||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lime juice||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Orange||1 , sliced|
|Lime||1 , sliced|
|Beef||2 Pound ((any cut of your choice))|
|Avocado salsa||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salsa mexicana||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Avocado||1 , sliced|
|Cilantro||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Feta cheese||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , crumbled|
1. In a mortar, combine cilantro, black pepper, kosher salt, cumin, chili powder, Mexican Oregano, clove, garlic and a tablespoon of olive oil. Grind using a pestle.
2. Transfer the mixture to a pyrex bowl. Add 1/4 cup olive oil, red wine vinegar, orange juice, lime juice and beer. Sir to mix well.
3. In a ziplock bag, place the beef and add the prepared marinade to it. Massage gently for the flavors to permeate. Add the lime slices and orange slices to the bag, and set set aside to marinate for a minimum of 4 hours.
4. Preheat the grill.
5. Place the marinated beef on the grill and allow to cook. Flip and cook on the other side as well.
6. Remove from the grill and cut into bite size pieces.
7. Toast the tortillas on the grill. Spread about a tablespoon of avocado salsa on each tortilla and place the prepared meat on it. Add a slice of avocado, a tablespoon of salsa Mexicana, some fresh cilantro and crumbled feta cheese.
8. Serve hot.