Betty demonstrates how to make a fantastic Taco Salad. This salad uses leftover Hearty Chili from a previous video in Betty's Kitchen.
|Hearty chili||1/2 Pound (1 recipe or as needed)|
|Tostada bowls||6 (as needed)|
|Lettuce||50 Gram , torn in bite|
|Crumbled queso fresco||50 Gram (as needed)|
|Chopped fresh cilantro||1 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|Sliced green onion||1 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|Red bell pepper||1/4 , finely chopped (as needed)|
|Green bell pepper||1/4 , finely chopped (as needed)|
|Fresh avocado||1/2 , peeled, sliced, and chopped (as needed)|
|Chopped fresh tomatoes||2 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|Sour cream||2 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|Mexican 4 blend cheese||2 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|Jalapeno pepper slice||1 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|Lime wedge||3 (as needed)|
|Taco sauce||To Taste (as needed) (Optional)|
1.Drain chili set aside the liquid for another purpose and in the oven heat the solids until warm.
2. Heat tostada bowls until warm and crisp.
3. In a bowl, combine lettuce, queso fresco, cilantro, green onion, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, avocado, and tomato. Toss well.
4. Place some of the salad mixture in the bottom of warm tostada bowl. Add large chunks of chili meat and beans, and repeat until salad cup is nearly filled.
5. Top with sour cream, cheese blend, and jalapeno slices.
6. Squeeze fresh lime over the top and add taco sauce if desired.
7. Serve immediately and enjoy!