Mexican Style Beer Can Chicken with Grilled Corn and Mesquite Cilantro Butter recipe from my friends over at McCormick on their Fiesta Inspired Cookout from the 2014 Flavor Forecast.
|Whole chicken||5 Pound|
|Fiery five pepper seasoning||1 Teaspoon ((Mc Cormicks grill mate))|
|Chipotle and roasted garlic seasoning||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) ((Mc Cormick Grill Mates))|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Beer||12 Fluid Ounce ((1 Can))|
|Crumbled cotija cheese||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sweet corn ears||4 , pull the husk back and tie it up ((Fresh ones))|
|For compound butter|
|Mesquite seasoning||1 Tablespoon ((Mc Cormick))|
|Finely chopped fresh cilantro||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , softened|
1. Mix together fiery five pepper seasoning and chipotle roasted garlic seasoning together to make a dry seasoning.
2. Heat the grill to 350 F. Place mesquite chips in the grill.
3. Coat the chicken evenly with olive oil all over. Take the dry seasoning and throw a handful in the chicken cavity and rub the rest all over the chicken.
4. Pour the beer in the steamer pot and rest the chicken over it.
5. Put the chicken with the steamer on the grill. Insert the meat thermometer in the thighs and close the dome lid.
6. Cook for about hour and a half. Remove it from the grill and let it rest.
7. Meanwhile, prepare the corn by placing them on the grill.
8. To make compound butter, mix cilantro and mesquite seasoning with softened butter. Set it aside.
9. Brush the butter on the grilled corns and sprinkle the cheese over them.
10. Carve and serve the chicken with corn. Enjoy!