Betty demonstrates how to make Corn and Peppers Cornbread. This is a great accompaniment to the Beef Skillet Fiesta from the previous video in Betty's Kitchen.
|Muffin mix||8 Ounce (Jiffy corn muffin mix)|
|Canned mexicorn||8 Ounce , drained (canned corn with green and red bell peppers)|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
|Milk||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Peanut oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
2. In a bowl, combine cornmeal muffin mix, drained corn with peppers, beaten egg, and milk. Stir, just until muffin mix is moistened.
3. Prepare an 8-inch by 8-inch baking pan by spreading peanut oil in bottom and heating the oil in oven until hot, but not smoking.
4. Pour cornbread batter into hot, oiled baking pan. Place the pan back in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Remove from oven and let bread rest in pan on cooling rack for 5 minutes, or until easy to cut and remove from pan.
6. Cut into squares and serve with Beef Skillet Fiesta.