I hope you like the video.
|35% cream||500 Milliliter (about 2 cups)|
|Milk||500 Milliliter (about 2 cups)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Coarse salt||15 Milliliter (1 Tbsp)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||5 Milliliter (1 tsp)|
|Thymes leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated nutmeg||To Taste|
|Russet potatoes||2 Kilogram , thinly sliced|
|Grated cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC (350°F).
2. In a pot over low heat, gently simmer cream, milk, shallots, garlic, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and thyme.
3. Cook and steep until shallots are soft, and the milk is infused with flavour; about 20 minutes.
4. Use a stick blender or blender to make a smooth liquid.Grate the cheese(s) of your choice.
5. Pour a little bit of milk mixture into the bottom of an 11x9 baking dish.
6. Arrange potato slices in layers, alternating with cheese.
7. Pour milk mixture over potatoes as you go.
8. Last layer should be cheese.
9. Cover and bake until tender and creamy, 60–75 minutes.
10. Take cover off for the last 15 minutes.
11. Serve and enjoy!