Parsley is the star in this salad mixed in with spring onions, mint, burdhul, tomatoes, lemon juice, salt and pepper and is enhanced with my secret ingredient - sumac!
|Broken bulgur wheat||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flat leaf parsley||1 1/4 Bunch (125 gm) , finely chopped|
|Spring onions||8 , chopped finely|
|Finely chopped mint||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||2 , deeseded and chopped finely|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly groundblack pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
1. Cover bulgur wheat with boiling water and let it sit for about 1/2 an hour.
2. Drain off excess water and puff it up with fork.
3. Take parsley, spring onion and mint in a big bowl.
4. Drop in soaked bulgur wheat and tomatoes.
5. Flavor with lemon juice, freshly ground black pepper and salt.
6. Add sumac and olive oil and mix everything well.
7. Taste and adjust for seasonings.
8. Serve as it is and enjoy.