One grill/oven, one cast iron pan and all of the trimmings in one serving, hence the creation of my All the trimmings Thanksgiving Meatloaf. My simple, savory and filling, one dish Turkey dinner. Just add gravy! A perfect solution for the big game tailgate party with your friends or any event that requires simplicity to maximize your family time.
|Ground turkey||20 Ounce|
|Stuffing mix||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bread crumbs||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried cranberries||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mashed potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion soup mix||2 Tablespoon (1/2 Package)|
|Dalmatian sage||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground rainbow peppercorns||1/2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a big bowl, mix together ground turkey, bread crumbs, onion soup mix, dalmatian sage, white pepper and egg. Mix it all up.
3. Spread the meat mix on a wax paper and spread it in a rectangle.
4. Line the stuffing in the middle and top it with cranberries. Bring the two ends of the meal reactangle together with the help of the wax paper, such that it seals well.
5. Invert the meat loaf seam side down in the cast iron loaf pan.
6. Remove the wax paper gently. Pat the meat loaf such that it is atleast an inch below the lip of the dish.
7. Drop mashed potatoes on top and flatten it completely. Insert a thermometer probe into the turkey.
8. Place the dish in the oven and bake until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 F.
9. Slice, scoop and serve this meatloaf over gravy with green beans. Enjoy your thanksgiving.